I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas Holidays, and a joyful New Year.
We have NO January birthdays. Hard to believe. It's also hard to believe that this is my second last blog post! My last teaching day is Friday, January 15, 2016. I'm so excited to spend these last 2 weeks with the students, and I can't wait to see how much we can learn before I go! That being said, watch in the agenda this week for a note going home with more information on my leave, and who will be taking over.
Secret Blog Question: What is the name of your new teacher, who will start on Monday, January 18. Write the answer in your agenda for a little treat.
Week at a Glance
Monday, January 4, 2016
- Words of the Week: at the beginning of each week we've been learning new words, that we add to the word wall at the weeks end. Students work on these words in class, but should also be reviewing them at home. Once they are up on the word wall, students are expected to be spelling these words properly in their independent writing. On Mondays the check-up will go home. This will show you your child's first attempt at spelling these words.
- Grade 1's: he, she, was, little, big, winter
- Grade 2's: he, she, was, little, big, winter, season, make, played, saw, have
- Home reading begins again. Keep those good habits rolling into 2016. It's been fantastic to watch all these students growing as readers. It truly is a team effort!
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
- Lunch time PIZZA party!!! This will be a wonderful way to start the new year! Our gingerbread house won the Sobey's contest, and they will be delivering pizza for us today! No sandwiches will be needed, however please still pack snacks for recess.
Thursday, January 7, 2016
- You shouldn't have any library books at your house right now, however, if you do, please return them before today so you can take out new books. If you have lost some library books, please try and bring in the replacement money ASAP. It is school library and book mobile today! Hurray for new books!
Weather News: -20 Degree Celcius
All students are to play outside as long as the weather is not below -20 degrees celsius. Please make sure students are dressed properly everyday, as our weather frequently likes to change mid day. Students need proper outdoor footwear (boots preferably), warm coats, snow pants, mittens, and a toque. If you need help getting winter gear, please let us know and we will do our best to find something!
Even though Christmas has come and gone, I couldn't help but post a few of the highlights from our festivities!
We wrapped up our Gingerbread theme the best way I knew how, by decorating cookies. This was a lot of fun, and I wish I would've taken pictures of all the finished projects. Hopefully students enjoyed eating those gingerbread men over the holidays! Thanks to the parents who came to help us with this sticky activity!!!
Next we had a milk and cookies surprise waiting for us in the gym! What fun to eat, socialize, and sing Christmas carols together.
That wraps up this week. See you next week for my very last post of this school year.
Thanks for reading!