Skip to main content

Wonderful Wednesday Challenges!

It's wonderful Wednesday! I hope you can find something wonderful to do today, someone wonderful to talk to today, or just a wonderful thought that makes you smile!

Here are some ideas and challenges to keep you busy and learning today.

Literacy

Reading: spend at least 20 minutes reading. 
What did you read today? Did you read a hard copy book? Or did you find something online to read or listen to?
Did you know you can login to your RAZ kids reading account if you want to find some books at your reading level? If you need me to send you login information, just message me on Dojo. This will be part of our regular learning next week, so this is a great time to make sure you can get into the program!



You will be given a reading log to start next week. This will just be for you to track what your reading, what form it was, and hopefully will be a fun thing to look back on. Feel free to get a head start on this and start your list now.
Send me a picture of you reading, or even just a note with what you read today.

Writing: write for at least 20 minutes.
Today I want you to write. This is free choice, however, if you need an idea here are some below.
Ideas:
1. Write a list of the people who love and care for you - hang this on the wall in your room. Or make it into a bookmark and use it while reading. I have a few of these kind of bookmarks that I love finding in my books!
2. Draw and label a map of your home. Write about the best spot in your home and why.
3. Write an encouragement card to someone. You can always take a picture of your work and have your parent send it to the person. We all need encouragement during this time!

Next week you will receive a writers notebook that you will use each day. Try and get back into that habit of writing. Send me a picture of your writing work to see!

Numeracy

Challenge #1 - Math Facts
In the materials you picked up last week, I send home all the quizzes I use for Math Facts karate belts. Practice your math fast facts today. You could also play a game of cards with someone to practice those facts. Miss McKay and me posted a card game last week, and just a reminder that you could play that game with addition, subtraction, and even multiplication for those of you working on that!

Challenge #2 - Skip counting
I challenge you to skip count by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10's today. Make this fun! Do a jumping jack to skip count by 5's. Do push ups to skip count by 10's. Do sit ups to skip count by 4's. Do arm circles to skip count by 3's. You get the idea!

Challenge #3 - Prodigy Math Game
This is a great online game! I sent your login information to your school email, but again, send me a message if you need me to message it out on Dojo.
Try it out today!


Bonus

Have you guys seen that the Cincinnati Zoo is doing a live stream and showing off animals, sharing facts, and they even have an at home activity to try. I watched the one on the Red Panda, it was so cool! Normally they are pretty sleepy when I've been at the Calgary Zoo, so it was cool to see them so active. They originally do the video as a facebook live, so you could tune in and ask questions live! I learned SO much about Red Pandas today. I encourage you to pick a video, and share what you learned after you enjoy the video!


Stay Active!
What will you do to stay active today? There are so many fun online things you could check out... but if you can, I highly encourage you to head outside, distance yourself, but go for a walk and get some fresh air. Did you know, if you ever go for a walk by the school, Miss McKay and myself would be happy to wave to you! Just let us know when you're on the way! You can always find our classroom now, because we have our Todd Parr art in the windows!
Anyone have some fun activities you could do in your backyard that you want to share? 
Share your stay active activity of the day!

Stay tuned for a new Wonder reading later today also!! Have a good day!