Skip to main content

Day # 5 FUN Friday!

Happy Friday Grade 2-3's!

A HUGE congratulations for working hard on your first week of online learning. Thank you for your patience, thank you for your effort, and thanks for sending me your work each day, it made me so happy to see those portfolio notifications coming through!

Activities for Day #5

Finish your week well Grade 2-3's! Please add any of your work to Dojo portfolio!

Activity #1 - READING

Book #1 of your Good Fit Books should be completed with at least 2 discussion questions answered in your writing about reading notebook. If you aren't sure exactly what I'm referring to, please watch the video linked below, and try again next week :) It's not a task to do in one day! 
Info video on Writing about Reading - Good Fit Books
Your challenge today is to add a video of yourself reading part of your good fit book to me under your portfolio to-do's.

Activity #2 - WRITING

Pick someone to write your Friday letter to. The goal is for you to write a letter to someone who could respond to it. Our world has changed a lot, but you could always write a letter and send a photo of it to someone, asking that they write you back.
I encourage you to try and keep those Friday letters in your duotang still. I hope this will still be a fun keepsake at the end of the year.
Remember, Friday letters should be a recap of your week. So while things like 'Hello, how are you?' or 'what are you doing this weekend?' are okay, you should have a minimum of 5 sentences that tell about your week.
Please send in a picture (or video if it's more than a page) of your letter! 

Activity #3 - WORD WORK

Complete your Spelling Test today. This means you should have all your assignments on Spelling City done for the week! I know you will do amazing! 

Activity #4 - MATH

Make sure you completed your math assignment from yesterday, as you will have a new lesson and assignment on Monday. The links are below, but the instructions are under Day #4.
If you have any questions about your work, let me know, I'm happy to plan a zoom meeting, or phone call in order to help you out!
If you are done all your math activities from the week go check out the "My Home Learning Packet". Pick a couple numeracy pages from that booklet to complete.

Challenges for Day #5

Challenge #1 - Wonder
Listen to me read Wonder with my cat Todd as the special guest! Be kind to one another today!
Friday Wonder Read Aloud
We will finish our class reading of Wonder next week, but I just found out that the author RJ Palacio is reading live on Twitter each weekday. So if you feel like listening in, check that out! Pretty cool to hear and see the author do a live reading! I might be tuning in also! 

If you want more challenges today, go back and look at challenges from earlier in the week and complete one you didn't do yet! 

A little gift as you head into your weekend. It's funny Friday, so if you made it this far - enjoy  this.....

Last thing! I challenge you at 11:47am this morning, so click on this link and dance it out with me and others who take this challenge. We won't know how many people are doing this, but it's fun to think we made it through the week, and we will head into the weekend dancing it out together! Will you join me??! :)